Light Weight Ammunition Cases (LWAC®)
Patent Pending PCT/EP 2014/068243, PA 2015 00133
Logistical and Tactical Lightweight Plastic Ammunition cases for: Ammunition (small, medium and large-arms), Pyrotechnics, Explosives, Countermeasures, Flares, and Weapons, etc...
PPD´s new innovative Light Weight Ammunition Cases (LWAC®) are based on PPD´s newly patented design ideas and PPD´s specially developed raw-material resins.
PPD Light Weight Ammunition Cases (LWAC®) are designed as a full drop-in replacement for existing systems, and accordingly to all military requirements and standards.
The development and design has been performed in close co-operation with end-users and the ammunition industry.
The advantages are numerous however, the most important is the direct cost savings over the full life cycle due to:
• Reduced weight, more than 68% lower than existing steel boxes. E.g. Packaging weight for 1.000.000 rounds 12.7(0.50 cal.) will be reduced by 16,5 tons!
• Improved stacking capability which allowing cross stacking both 90⁰ and vertical stacking
• Improved thermal capability, with reduced heat transfer
• Prepared for built-in RFID tags for tracking and controlling
• Low noise during handling and contact with steel surfaces
• No risk of sparks
• Fully compatible with existing steel boxes
• Tested according to all applicable MIL-STD, STANAG / MOPI and DEF-STAN requirements
• UN- Approved, UN 4H2/21.5/S/15/DK/ETi-15003/PPD regulations (ADR convention) for safe land, air and sea transportation of hazardous goods
• Fully recyclable / reusable
• Multiple color choice, e.g. color code according to ammunition type.
Click on images to enlarge